Degree Offered: Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Departmental Website: Business Administration - M.B.A.
Program Description: In 36 semester hours, students learn to manage and lead organizations. The program is an integrative, interdisciplinary degree designed to create independent, lifelong learners who are Business-Ready® to assume leadership positions. The curriculum applies business theories to real-world situations, putting specific principles in courses such as marketing, law, information systems, and strategy into the broader leadership context. Faculty members teaching MBA courses come from all departments in the College of Business, and have terminal degrees along with extensive professional experience. View the MBA program curriculum here.
The College of Business is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the internationally recognized accrediting agency for business schools.
In addition to those students with an undergraduate degree in business, the program encourages applications from students who have completed degrees in other fields.
Location of Course Offerings: Cherokee - Part time only and WCU at Biltmore Park, Asheville - Full time and part time enrollment.
- Graduate School Admission Requirements
- Program Admission Requirements:
- Applicants must present a satisfactory score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). A minimum score of 450 is recommended. Satisfactory Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores may also be accepted instead of the GMAT. Satisfactory test scores are determined by the Program Director.
- Applicants must have achieved an undergraduate grade point average sufficient to demonstrate likely success at the graduate level. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is recommended. Greater weight is placed on grades during the last two years of an undergraduate degree program.
- Must provide 3 letters of recommendation from professional and/or educational contacts. Recommendations must include both the form and an attached letter.
- Must submit a current resume and a personal statement, including professional/personal goals and interest in the MBA program
- Interviews are not required, but may be given upon request.
Full time work experience in a managerial or professional role will be considered in admissions. Higher GMAT scores may offset lower undergraduate grades. Entry into the program is usually by cohort and special criteria may apply for the cohorts.
Application Deadline: Applicants must have all application materials submitted to the Graduate School by the following deadlines:
- March 15 - Graduate Assistantship (offered during Fall enrollment only)
- July 15 - Fall Admission
- November 15 - Spring Admission
Prerequisites: There are no required prerequisite courses, but strong analytical and communications skills are required. See program website for more information.
COB Graduate Programs Manager:
College of Business
WCU Programs at Biltmore Park
Graduate Program Director:
Todd Creasy, D.M.
College of Business
Western Carolina University