Transfer - Undergraduate


SAT: 5897
ACT: 3172
FAFSA: 002981
GRE: 5897






iTunes Facebook Flickr Twitter YouTube

Transfer - Undergraduate

Who Is a Transfer Student?

Helping ensure that you are on the correct path helps ensure that you find the best information.

You are a transfer student if you wish to enroll at WCU to earn an undergraduate degree, and:

  • You have never enrolled previously at WCU to pursue an undergraduate degree


  • You have attempted college coursework elsewhere since completion of high school (with the exception of the summer immediately following spring graduation from high school)

NOTE: Earning advanced standing or dual-enrollment college courses while in high school does not change your student type from “first year” to “transfer”; the timing of high school completion determines the student type, not the amount of college coursework completed (including early college or other dual-enrollment students who may have earned an associate degree while completing high school). Your amount of college credit (and other advanced work) affects your student classification (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) rather than your student type.



Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services