You have been admitted. You have narrowed your college selection to WCU. Now what? How do you navigate the ascent from admitted student to enrolled student?
Remember Your Gateway, the place where, as an applicant, you could check your admission decision status? Well, now that you have been admitted, you can go to Catamount Gateway to conduct additional university business and to follow a recommended timeline that will guide you on your ascent to becoming a Catamount.
When you log onto Catamount Gateway (using your 9-2 number and access instructions that you received in your acknowledgement letter) and click on “your timeline,” you will discover a guided path that details four major steps—with actions, recommended dates and links pertaining to each step—that will lead to Step 5, your enrollment at WCU:
Step 1: Begin Your Ascent
- Submit your tuition deposit
- Submit your housing deposit (if applicable)
- Apply for financial aid
- Complete and return residence hall agreement (if applicable)
- Choose your residence hall and meal plan (if applicable)
- Complete immunization form
Step 2: Prior to Orientation
- Submit a photo for your CatCard
- Purchase your computer
- Complete CatWalk
- Register for orientation
- Follow up on financial aid (if applicable)
- Enroll in or waive student health insurance
- Send final transcripts
- Register your vehicle
Step 3: Orientation
- Attend orientation
Step 4: After Orientation
- Pay your tuition
- Complete your release of information form
- Verify that we’ve received your transcripts
Step 5: Reach the Summit: You have arrived! Enjoy the Week of Welcome (WOW) and your new identity as a Catamount.
Remember, certain actions, such as CatWalk completion and orientation registration, only occur during certain windows of time, so read anything you receive from WCU for special instructions.