Degrees Offered: Master of Arts (M.A.), Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.), Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
- English Department
- Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.) - Graduate Catalog Information
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) - Graduate Catalog Information
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) - Program Coordinator's page
Program Description: The goal of the program is to provide as broad a comprehensive training in English as possible with courses in linguistics, rhetoric, and literature; concentrations in literature and creative writing; and special emphasis on preparing graduate students for teaching through an apprenticeship program that involves observation, mentoring, instruction, and practice in the writing lab and classroom.
Information on the M.A.Ed. and M.A.T. programs can be found in the College of Education and Allied Professions.
Location of Course Offerings: Cullowhee and Biltmore Park
- Graduate School Admission Requirements
- Program Admission Requirements
- GRE General Exam
- Three letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
M.A.Ed. in Comprehensive Education - English, applicants must hold or be eligible for the North Carolina "A" license in English.
Application Deadline: None
Number of Graduate Faculty: 30
Number of Students: 69
Graduate Program Director:
Dr. Annette Debo
Department of English