Degree Offered: Master of Education (M.Ed.)
Departmental Website: College Student Personnel
Program Description: The M.Ed. in College Student Personnel is designed to meet the guidelines established
by the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS). The program
is designed to prepare students to become student affairs professionals. Specifically,
graduates will work in positions that promote the intellectual, social, emotional
and personal development of college students. These professionals work with colleagues,
faculty, administrators, and staff to provide college students with a wide array of
services that enhance their educational and campus experiences. The program leading
to the M.Ed. degree in college student personnel requires 48 semester hours of graduate
Up to six semester hours of graduate credit with grades of B or better may be transferred from other regionally accredited graduate schools. Work to be applied to the program must have been completed within six years immediately preceding the completion of the requirements for the degree.
Location of Course Offerings: Cullowhee and Biltmore Park (limited)
- Graduate School Admission Requirements
- Program Admission Requirements
- GRE General Exam
- Three recommendations from former instructors who are in a position to judge the applicant’s aptitude for graduate study are required.
- A written statement of professional goals and interest in the College Student Personnel program.
- Personal interview.
- Applicants for the M.Ed. in College Student Personnel must have an average grade of B or higher as defined by the major department in upper-level undergraduate courses in the major.
Application Deadline: None
Graduate Program Contacts:
Dr. Cheryl Joy Daly - Graduate Program Director
Assistant Professor, Educational Leadership and Foundations
College of Education and Allied Professions
Killian Building, Room 250
Western Carolina University
Cullowhee, NC 28723
Dr. April Perry