(1) Develop your project idea.*
(2) Draft a basic outline of your project idea.
(3) Conduct a funding search/request funding search assistance.
(4) Contact the Office of Research Administration to schedule a staffing.
(5) Consult with your Department Chair regarding your project to insure you have approval to proceed.
(6) Develop your proposal according to the sponsor guidelines. If your project involves Human Subject or Animal Research, Recombinant DNA or biological substances requiring special safety procedures, you may need to request a review of your plan prior to submission of your proposal.
(7) Enter your proposal package into WCU’s electronic submission system RAMSeS for institutional approvals. We strongly recommend that you submit a minimum of five (5) days prior to your grant deadline to allow for review and approval by all parties. Upon receiving approval from your academic authorities and the Office of Research Administration,
(8) The Research Administration Office will submit your proposal to the sponsor agency.
(9) When you receive your award notice, we will schedule a staffing for you with the entire Research team to discuss the information contained in the terms of your award, the project reporting requirements and schedule, any special compliance requirements, how to establish your project fund account and make expenditures from that account and, the support services that you can expect to receive throughout the life of your project.
The Office of Research Administration is ready, willing and able to support you through all of these steps. Please click on the links for details and for contact information.
(*If you are in the early stages of considering a research idea and want to discuss
it before proceeding to the outline stage of development, please feel free to call
Director Lynda Parlett to schedule a meeting- ext. 2921. She will be glad to meet
with you to listen, brainstorm, and provide sample proposals or other assistance.)