What is Assessment?
The two main types of assessment at WCU are Course Assessment and Program Assessment. Course Assessment evaluates the effectiveness of instruction whereas Program Assessment evaluates if a program serves its intended purpose.
Features of Support:
Assessment Support consists of a number of services:
- Course design and assessment consultations
- QEP-on-the-Road initiative (for programmatic assessment)
- Support for evaluation of assessment data
- Support for using assessment tools
Making better use of assessment data improves the value of any course or program in the following ways:
- Stronger course design
- Thorough analysis of assessment data
- Effective education about assessment tools
- Better understanding of assessment processes
- Increased usability of assessment results
Assessment Support is available to all instructors.
For questions or further information please contact one of the following:
CFC: (828) 227-7196
Robert Crow: (828) 227-2761 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Freya Kinner: (828) 227-3456 or email@example.com