Explore New Ideas. Explore the Possibilities. Explore our Asheville.
JUNE 25-27, 2012
JOIN US FOR GROWTH
We invite you to scenic Asheville, N.C. to embark on a journey of discovery and development along with other institutional teams from across the country who share an interest in the Boyer model of scholarship. This retreat will give your team of faculty, staff, administrators and other stakeholders the time, tools, and experience to develop a plan for integrating the Boyer model into your institutional culture. Faculty roles and rewards will constitute a major focus of the retreat as you incorporate Boyer's four scholarships--discovery, integration, application, and teaching--into your institution's mission, goals, and processes. Come prepared to work and leave with real results.
THE RETREAT FEATURES
- Inspiring keynote speaker - Mary Huber, Carnegie Foundation
- Consultation with distinguished, experienced leaders, including key WCU faculty and administrators
- A collaborative environment featuring whole-group and small-group sessions
- Individual facilitators dedicated to your team before, during, and after the retreat
- Interaction with other teams to discuss best practices and plans as they evolve
- Group-building through a variety of social events that highlight the region
- An optional pre-confernce workshop for team members new to the Boyer model
- Proven retreat organization, based on a successful model pioneered by Northeastern University