Open Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Located in Hunter Library 166
The Sandbox is a high-end digital media and educational technology computer lab and training space at the Coulter Faculty Commons in Hunter Library.
What the Sandbox offers:
- The relaxed and comfortable atmosphere of the Sandbox’s backyard namesake.
- Help and training in instructional technologies for faculty, from beginners to the more experienced.
- Multiple high-end computer work stations.
- Special equipment, including, but not limited to, three scanners, one slide scanner, and VHS digitization.
- Support for both on and off-campus presentations.
- A "wrap" model of support for combining instruction with the appropriate technology.
The Sandbox is open to all faculty members and graduate teaching assistants, including
full-time, part-time, retired, and distance educators; so feel free to drop in to
use the equipment. If you need help with a specific question or problem, you can make
an appointment by calling the Sandbox at 227-3023.
The CFC Educational Technology team are available to come to your office, class or other locations for one-on-one training or class sessions.
Please feel free to come and play in your Sandbox anytime!
We are here to help faculty learn to incorporate various instructional technology skills into the teaching and learning experience.
You can become skilled at:
- creating and editing podcasts, videos, wikis, blogs, and social media
- record "flipped" videos for your courses
- scanning graphics, text and 35mm slides
- altering digital images for different uses
- using all elements of the MS Office Suite
- using elements of Adobe Suites (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- creating and utilizing PDF files
- creating and editing instructional web pages
- convert digital media to different formats