What is the Purpose of Digital Media Support?
DMS helps incorporate new technology into the classroom. By explaining how certain technologies work and personalizing provided media to fit instructor’s courses, DMS can help enrich the learning experience.
Digital Media Types:
Western Carolina University provides several different medial vehicles suitable for various course structures. The Coulter Faculty Commons staff can assist with the following technologies:
- Web Sites
Using digital media in the classroom gives instructors the opportunity to take advantage of the digital age of learning. Here are some examples of ways to enrich student education:
- ADA compliant videos and other documents
- Creating Podcasts for Class Lectures
- Making Educational VHS and DVDs Available Online
- Help using wikis and blogs for Class instruction
- Assist with Wordpress
- Second Life Exercises and Classrooms
- Multimedia Presentations
DMS is available to all instructors, no matter their comfort with computers or technology.
For assistance contact the following: