Requirements for the BS ET degree program for Distance Learning students
1. The BS ET-ETO concentration degree program requires 124 semester hours.
2. Completion of the 42-hour Liberal Studies component as specified in the WCU Undergraduate Catalog.
3. Completion of a minimum of 33 semester hours of WCU course work at the upper level (junior/senior) in the Technology Major.
4. Completion of a minimum of 45 upper level semester hours overall in the Technology Major.
5. Completion of the specified mathematics and sciences.
6. Completion of the electives component.
7. Satisfying the General University Degree Requirements as specified in the WCU Undergraduate Catalog.
Once all transfer credits are evaluated and posted to a program audit, students may access this audit through the Western Information Network which is accessible from the WCU Home Page. The program audit will indicate how transfer credits have been applied to the BS ET program.
The audit will show which aspects of the Liberal Studies component have been met. Students may transfer the remaining requirements to complete the Liberal Studies component, except for the upper level requirement, using community college courses. The North Carolina Community College Course Equivalents for the Liberal Studies component can be accessed by clicking on "Transfer Credit" at the website for the WCU Registrar which is accessed from the WCU Home Page.
Remaining mathematics and sciences may also be transferred from NC community colleges. See BS ET Check Sheet Information regarding acceptable math/science courses.
The WCU Home Page also allows access to the college catalog by clicking on "quick links" at the WCU Admissions website.
Questions regarding application of transfer credits should be directed to the BS ET-ETO Program Coordinator.
The off-site Engineering Technology program w/ ETO concentration is not accredited by ABET.