Begin courses any time!
The Online Professional Certificates in Nutrition, Fitness, and Health are a collaboration between Educational Fitness Solutions, Western Carolina University, industry experts, instructors, internship affiliates, board members, and national organizations. These innovative, Web-based certificate programs provide an interactive educational experience that will allow students from around the world to fit courses into their busy work and home schedules. Student's can go on-line wherever they are, and complete a certificate in three to five months depending on the certificate program, or up to two years if necessary. The following online certificates are available:
Certificates in Fitness
- Fitness Business Management
- Personal Fitness Training
- Senior Fitness Training
- Women’s Exercise Training & Wellness
Certificates in Nutrition
National Posture Institute’s Certified Posture Specialist
Who Should Attend?
- Fitness professionals from all fields
- Individuals seeking a new career as a health/fitness professional
- Allied health and medical professionals including physical therapists, RD's, athletic trainers, nurses, physicians, chiropractors, and wellness consultants seeking advanced education, CECs/CEUs, or new career opportunities
- Companies that require the certificate programs as a professional development program for employees to achieve key business goals, career objectives, and skills to advance beyond entry-level position.
Certificate Program BenefitsProgram Coordinators - Our certificate program coordinators are leading experts, national presenters, and instructors in the health and fitness industry that will support their students and will serve as valuable resources and mentors.
Instructor Guidance – You benefit from ongoing guidance, instruction, and interaction from instructors who hold either a master's or doctoral degree in exercise physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, physical therapy, nutrition, or other exercise science related fields.
A Complete Learning Experience - Courses are designed to enhance interaction between instructors and students. Chat rooms, discussion questions, email, and the phone are used to facilitate discussions. Courses may include the use of supplemental materials such as video/audio tapes, DVDs, and CDs. Team and individual projects and small group discussions are used to help students share their teaching, educational, and professional experiences with each other as part of the learning process.
National Organizations-Many of the nation's leading health and fitness organizations have partnered to provide students with educational, membership, and national certification exam opportunities.
Obtain Continuing Education Credits/Units (CEC’s/CEU’s) - Courses will provide advanced education and CEC's or CEU's, for personal trainers, group fitness instructors, physical therapists, RD's, athletic trainers, nurses, and chiropractors seeking recertification or career advancement. If your professional credentialing agency or licensing board is not listed, please contact them prior to registering to ensure courses will be accepted for credit.
The following organizations have recognized these programs for continuing education credits/units:
- National Posture Institute (NPI) CPS
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) CSCS, NSCA-CPT
- International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- Health and Fitness Professionals Association (HFPA)
- National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF)
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
- National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)
- Senior Fitness Association (SFA)
- The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), the credentialing agency for the American Dietetic Association (ADA)