We're proud to again offer adult and youth scholarships* (ages 9-17) for 2013. The adult scholarships will cover the cost of tuition ($325) and the youth scholarships will cover ALL costs including tuition, housing and meals. If you or someone you know deserves to be considered for one of these scholarships, here’s what you need to do:
1. Write to: SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE, C/O WCU Continuing Education, 138 Camp Building, Cullowhee, NC 28723 OR e-mail Hensley@wcu.edu.
2. Tell us why the person should be considered (financial need, special circumstances, unique opportunity, etc.). We are especially looking for how the Mountain Dulcimer has impacted their life AND what the person hopes to do with the skills learned.
3. Multiple factors will be considered in determining the allocation of scholarships.
4. Notification of winners will be made by April 15. The deadline for receiving applications will be April 1.
5. Be sure to include the applicant’s full name, address, phone, and email (include parent information if youth).
*Youth scholarship recipients must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must
register as a participant or non-participant and pay for their portion of a double
occupancy housing and meal plan.