1. Western Carolina University's Pre-Professional Program helps prepare students for
application and admission to professional schools.
2. The pre-professional program features include:
1) Declaring a concentration (i.e. pre-health, see programs);
2) Advising services to ensure that professional school pre-requisite coursework requirements are met;
3) Advice about, and guidance through, the application timeline(s) and processes
3. It is crucial that you make decisions early in your undergraduate career regarding preparation for professional school. To learn more about a professional program, prerequisite courses, and/or selecting a major, schedule an appointment with Emily Sharpe for Pre-Law or April Tallant for Pre-Health information.
4. Open to all WCU students, this service addresses the following important questions (also see Preprofessional FAQ’s):
- What do professional schools seek in an applicant?
- What is a good major for acceptance into professional school?
- What is the best mix of undergraduate courses for professional school?
- What are the required entrance exams and when are they offered?
- What can undergraduates do now to improve chances of admission to professional school?