Political Science and Public Affairs Academic Programs

Political Science: Choose between a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree or complement your studies with a minor in political science. These offerings are organized around the traditional sub-fields of political science: American politics, international relations, comparative politics, and political theory.

Master of Public Affairs (MPA): Western’s highly respected MPA Program is your first stop on the way to a career in public service. We offer a variety of courses in public administration and public law.

Pre-Law Studies: Considering law school? We’ve established an excellent record in preparing students like you for entry into law programs across the country. Read more about pre-law advising (PDF or Word) at WCU.

International Studies: The Bachelelor of Arts (B.A.) program offers courses in fields such as Foreign Languages, Politics, Culture, and Globalization.

Minor in International Studies: The minor requires 18 hours including either PSC 110: “Global Issues” or PSC 241: “International Politics.”


Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services