German Placement

If you have had two or more years of German in high school, then you will need to contact Dr. Lehman at to arrange to take a placement exam to determine which level of German course is right for you. Once we have determined your level, you will be cleared to take the appropriate course. The good news is: if you place into a higher level of beginning German and pass that course with a grade of C or higher, you will automatically get transcript credit (without grade points) for the courses you "skipped" over (max 6 credits).

If you have had less than two years of high school German, then you should be taking GER 101. University-level language courses are much more intensive than their high schol counterparts, so even if you have a little prior knowledge coming into a beginning German course, you will quickly find out that there is quite a bit that you still have to learn! 



Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services