Department of Geosciences and Natural Resources
Assistant Professor, Natural Resource Conservation Management
Phone: 828-227-2726Email: email@example.com
Office Address: Stillwell 318
Areas of Interest:
- Wildlife Ecology and Management
- Geographic Information Systems
- Remote Sensing
- NRM 140: "Natural Resource Conservation and Management"
- NRM 330: "Introduction to Wildlife Ecology and Management"
- NRM 344: "Introduction to Geography Information Systems"
- NRM 444: "Applied GIS"
- NRM 371: "Landscape Ecology"
- Ph.D., Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences, University of Illinois, 2005
- M.A., Physical Geography, Indiana State University, 1999
- B.A., Biology and Science Education, Indiana State University, 1991
Davis, R. W., L.C. Bender, J.G. Cook, R. Cook, and R. E. Warner. (2010). Uncertainty in Habitat Quality Maps for Elk: Implications for Estimates of Carrying Capacity. Proceedings of the Ninth International Symposium on Spatial Accuracy Assessment in Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences.
Davis, R. W. In Press. Crotalus horridus habitat. Herpetological Review 00:000. Accepted for publication December 2009.
Davis, R. W., L.C. Bender, P. Mausel, L. Chapa and R. E. Warner, In Press. Habitat changes for black-tailed deer in a portion of the Mount St. Helen’s blast zone. In Pullen, N. and Patterson M. editors) Geotechnologies: Environmental Applications and Management. Springer. New York, NY. USA. Accepted for publication January 2010.
Barbour Wood, Susan L., Ronald W. Davis, Matthew Kerfonta and Gwen M. Daley 2008. Spatial Prediction of Paleoenvironments Using GIS. Geological Society of America Abstracts vol. 40, no. 6, p. 424.
Davis, R. W. 2008. Wildlife management. In Research and Discovery: Landmarks and Pioneers in American Science. R. Lawson ed. M. E. Scharpe. Armonk NY 1256 pp.
Davis, R. W. 2008. Conservation biology. In Research and Discovery: Landmarks and Pioneers in American Science. R. Lawson ed. M. E. Scharpe. Armonk NY 1256 pp.
Extine, J. L., L. E. Dewald, and R. W. Davis 2008. Ability of golf courses to provide landscape connectivity in Western North Carolina. Proceedings of the 6th Southern Forestry GIS Conference.
Davis, R. W., and J. O. Whitaker Jr. 2002. Population studies on a maternity colony of little brown myotis. Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Sciences 111(2) 215-220.