Members of the U.S. National Guard are eligible to receive tuition assistance thought their appropriate branch.
Army National Guard:
Members of the Army National Guard (ARNG) provides Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) to soldiers meeting the following eligibility requirements:
- attend an accredited institution;
- be a traditional ARNG soldier in 'active drilling' status;
- must remain in ARNG during term of courses;officers must serve 4 years after completion of their final FTA approved course; and
- must not be receiving ROTC scholarships.
If a student meets these guidelines, the student becomes eligible the day he or she joins the ARNG. The ARNG FTA operates on a limited budget and is not a guaranteed benefit. If the student is approved, FTA will cover:
- 100 percent of tuition up to $250 per Semester Credit Hour or $166 per Quarter Hour
- Certain course fees up to $500
- FTA will not exceed $4500 per Fiscal Year
FTA can be used with MGIB-Selected Reserve (SR) or MGIB-Active Duty (AD) as long as the student is enrolled at least half time or more. However, MGIB-AD participants who are drawing GI Bill-Kicker benefits are not eligible.
Air National Guard:
The Air National Guard (ANG) provides Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) to all eligible members. If approved, the student will receive 100 percent of tuition and fees up to $250 per Semester Credit Hour or $166 per Quarter Hour, not to exceed $4500 per Fiscal Year. ANG members may also be eligible to receive State Tuition Assistance. Visit the ANG Benefits website to determine if you qualify for state benefits.