Department of Chemistry and Physics
Associate Professor, Nanomaterials Chemistry
Office Address: 231A Natural Sciences Building
- Ph.D., Clemson University, 2005
- B.S., Westminster College, 2001
Areas of Interest:
Optical sensing applications utilizing surface-enhanced phenomena; fundamental optical studies of plasmonic nanostructures; plasmon-assisted energy harvesting/conversion
- J. C. Bush, J. P. Cook, K. K. Cooke, D. D. Evanoff, Jr., "Characterization of the Plasmonic Fluorescence Enhancement of Poly (3-hexylthiophene) for Organic Solar Cell Applications," Spectroscopy Letters, 2015, 48(2), 144–152.
- S. W. Huffman, A. L. Salido, D. D. Evanoff, Jr., "Quantitative Infrared Spectroscopy in the undergraduate Laboratory via Multivariate Mixture Analysis of a Simulated Analgesic," Spectroscopy Letters, 2010, 43, 539-544.
- D. D. Evanoff, Jr., J. R. Lawrence, C. F. Huebner, J. M. Houchins, B. J. Stevenson, A. L. Foguth, J. B. Carroll, S. H. Foulger, "Copolymers of 2-(9H-carbazol-9-yl)ethyl 2-methylacrylate and 4-[5-(4-tert-butylphenyl)-1,3,4-oxadiazol-2-yl]phenyl-2-methylacrylate: Correlating hole drift mobility and electronic structure calculations with electroluminescence." ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2009, 1(4), 875.
- D. D. Evanoff, Jr., S. E. Hayes, Y. Ying, G. H. Shim, J. R. Lawrence, J. B. Carroll, R. D. Roeder, J. M. Houchins, C. F. Huebner, S. H. Foulger, "Functionalization of Crystalline Colloidal Arrays Through Click Chemistry," Adv. Mater., 2007, 19, 3507; this work was featured on the issue cover.
- D. D. Evanoff, Jr., J. K. Daniels, T. P. Caldwell, K. A. Christensen, G. Chumanov, "Monitoring the Germination of a Single Bacillus subtilis Endospore via Surface Enhanced Raman Microscopy," J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2006, 128(39), 12618.
- D. D. Evanoff, Jr., G. Chumanov, "Synthesis and Optical Properties of Silver Nanoparticles and Arrays," ChemPhysChem, 2005, 6(7), 1221; invited review.