- Office of the Dean
- About the Kimmel School
- Engineering & Technology Department
- Construction Management Department
- Center for Rapid Product Realization
- Academic Programs - Degrees Offered
- Help with Tuition
- Student Computer Requirements
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Business Partners
- Project Sponsors
- Project-Based Learning
- Faculty and Staff
- Facilities and Equipment
- Accreditation for the Kimmel School
- Visit the Kimmel School
Through the Center for Rapid Product Realization (the Rapid Center), the Kimmel School offers the services of a university-based, product development center for inventors, entrepreneurs, project sponsors and business partners throughout the Southeast and beyond. The Rapid Center has been designated a university center and is partially funded by the Economic Development Administration (EDA) , an agency of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Departments & Centers
- The Kimmel School plans to offer the Master of Science in Technology (MST) degree program at Biltmore Park beginning the 2013 Fall Semester! For more information about the program, please see the links below.
- Congratulations to our Fall 2013 Graduates & outstanding students that made the Dean's List! Please view our students academic accomplishments!
Learn by Doing: Project-Based Learning
Project-based learning is an integral part of the curriculum. Our students will get a strong foundation in academic studies and hands-on experience by working on real projects. Our students graduate with the technical skills they will need in their careers; and the ability to work as members of a team, to set priorities and achieve goals and to solve problems that require a multidisciplinary approach.
Our industry-experienced faculty members are with you, in classrooms and labs, on campus or online, offering instruction, academic advising and extra assistance when you need it. You will have access to a full range of facilities and equipment as you work on your assignments and projects, often with a team of students and project sponsors or business partners to support your progress.
Our offices are located in the Belk Building, which, along with the Center for Applied Technology, houses classrooms and laboratories. These include the Optoelectronics Lab, Automations Lab, Construction Estimating and Surveying Lab and the Engineering Design Lab, among others.
Visit the School
Come visit the Kimmel School at WCU to learn more about what the school is doing as a leader in higher education and as a partner in technology-led economic development throughout the region.