When you enroll as a student here, where are you going to live?
The following is a list of places to begin your search for housing. This list was compiled using information from current physical therapy students about some of the best places to reside in the Cullowhee/Sylva area. Our students’ advice is to call several places and go visit them!
Madison Hall is $2,782 per semester for a 3rd floor room with private bath and $2,713 for a 4th floor room with a private bath. Very nice and quiet! There are no kitchens available in this hall and it is required that you purchase a meal plan. **This hall closes for the summer, which can be an inconvenience.
The following is a list of apartments, houses, and/or rooms within a few miles of campus. Amenities and quality vary from location to location. Just for reference, most places require that you sign a one-year lease. The cost of heating can be expensive, and places with A/C, washer/dryer, and trash collection are rare, so if you find one, take it! This list was compiled from the previous students of the physical therapy program, Western off-campus housing website: http://www.wcu.edu/offcampus/index.html and the local yellow pages.
- Walk out garden apartment. Quiet, safe, clean, large 1 bedroom furnished apartment located 1 mile from WCU. Includes electric, water, heating/air conditioning, high speed internet, cable, 2 large closets, pantry, living room/kitchen, private patio, large bathroom, lawn service, and private parking. Washer/Dryer not included. No smoking, no pets, no HUD. Must see! Call Debbie Rowland at (828) 293-3527.
- Spacious 600 SF, 2-Bedroom, 1 Bath, 3 miles from campus rental. Nice yard, large parking area with long-range views from deck in a quiet neighborhood. Close to shopping, entertaiment and outdoor activities. Cable TV and high speed internet are available with no contract and connections in all main rooms. Water and sewer are included. Washer and dryer not included. References are required. No smoking. Lease is negotiable for students that must leave for Clinical Practicums (internships). First month rent and security deposit required before move in. Call Scott at (828) 507-2066.
- Rolling Green Properties is a small, privately owned rental business comprised of cottages and apartments located on Old Cullowhee Road nestled between Sylva and Cullowhee, NC., approximately 3 miles from WCU. The rental property encompasses 48 acres including a pasture with picnic tables and hammocks available for relaxation. A creek runs through the property and flows into the Tuckaseegee River within walking distance for wading, rafting, and fly fishing activities. Gregory and Marcia Lee are the owners and property managers and reside in their home/office located on a portion of the property. Rolling Green offers a quiet and peaceful setting, and only leases to working professionals and graduate students. The rental property consists of four one-bedroom cottages, one two-bedroom cottage, a converted barn housing two separate two-bedroom apartments, and a converted hotel comprising five studio apartments. All units are unfurnished. For more information, contact 828-586-6051.
- 4088 Tilley Creek Road. Cabin in the woods that we all wish for. Located in preserve right of main paved road just 4 miles from WCU. Ideal for person who loves outdoors and the natural quiet. Prefer gradute student or faculty. 1 bedroom. (828) 293-1013
- Brighton Condo is a unit built to support the students of WCU and SCC. Great floor plans - 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom plans. All units are fully furnished and include a washer and dryer, dishwasher, built in microwave, stove, and refrigerator with an ice maker. Across the street from Catamount peek apartments behind the baseball field, less than 1/2 mile from campus. All furnished, all utilities all inclusive living. Starts August 1st. (704) 799-0537
- Bulldog Acres: Top quality, canine-friendly luxury property for indoor cat or small or large canine companions to responsible pet parents. Private location across from campus, no partying policy. Outdoor dog bath with hot/cold water, pens for large canine companions, dog walk area, outdoor fire pit, A/C, ceiling fans, wireless HS Internet, 60 channels cable TV. Walk to class! Office: (828) 293-5746 Cell: (828) 508-1912
- Catamount Peak Apartments: A student community built to support the students of WCU and SCC. 8 buildings featuring 1 and 2 bedroom apartments as well as a great new 3 bedroom floor plan. All apartments are fully furnished and include a washer and dryer, dishwasher, built in microwave, stove, and refrigerator with built in ice maker. On site management office, a swimming pool, large sun deck, grills, and 24 hour fitness center. 24 hour emergency maintenance and on call security. Our application process allows you to choose your floor plan, request an apartment with friends, or seek new compatible roommate. We perform a roommate performance survey of all residents to allow new members of our community to seek roommates that they will be comfortable living with. Located on Speedwell Road Behind the baseball field, less than 1/2 miles from campus. (828) 293-9939
- Hampton-Little Savannah: Top quality conventional apartment homes for mature residents in new, clean construction. Great roommate floor plan! Quiet, off-road location with plenty of parking, close to WCU, 1/4 mile on the left past Catamount Travel Center. Well-kept indoor cat welcome; sorry, no dogs. Central air & heat and ceiling fans, washer/dryer in each unit, Vanity with sink in each bedroom (1.25 sinks in unit), Dishwashers in select units. Cat deposit is $100 non-refundable, high speed cable Internet, 60 channels of cable TV. (828) 508-1912 or 828-293-5746.
- Hampton-Pincushion Lane: A/C and ceiling fans. Dog pens, access to dog bath. $100 non-refundable Pet Privilege deposit plus $15/month dog-privilege fee. No surcharge for a well-kept cat companion. High speed Internet-wireless. 60 Channels cable TV. Pest control, garbage pickup, Yard maintenance. (828) 828-508-1912 -Cell, 828-293-5746-Office
- Laurel Oaks Apartments: We offer a friendly and fun environment. We are located at 4214 Little Savannah Road in Cullowhee, less than a mile from the WCU campus. Features: Spacious two bedrooms, 768 Square feet living/dining area, Wall-to-wall carpeting, Full kitchen, Plenty of storage 8x6 private porch, Stove, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Laundry room on site. (828) 293-5551
- Summit @ Cullowhee: Located directly across from the Ramsey Center within walking distance to WCU. Rent is $385-420/mo. 24 hour emergency maintenance. $40.00 Utility Allowance per Apartment. On Site Leasing office Professional staff fully equipped Kitchens. Most utilities included. Full sized washer & dryer. Roommate matching. Individual leases. 1300 Sq Ft. Includes Internet. (828) 293-5465
- University Suites: University suites is a 191 bed furnished apartment complex featuring 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom and studio apartments with all bedrooms having their own bath. Less than a mile from campus. The complex features spectacular views of surrounding mountains and the Tuckaseigee River, a fully equipped fitness center, tanning booth, pool, mini storage, basketball court, on site mail and car wash area. University Suites were designed to meet the needs of the WCU student. If you don't have a roommate, we'll find one for you. Our individual lease agreements make living here comparable in price to living on campus. Our rent includes electric, high speed Internet, cable TV (65 channels) water and sewer bill, and garbage pick up. (828) 293-9123
- Rabbit Ridge: All utilities included, fully furnished. Similar to University Suites. (828) 293-2526
- The Maples: Similar to University Suite. http://www.themaplesofcullowhee.com/ (828) 293-5355
- Mountain Meadow Apartments: One bedroom furnished apartments. Short or long term. Includes all utilities, basic cable TV connection, and high speed Internet. Share common areas: Living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry. Near WCU. No pets. (828) 293-1213 or (828) 293-0125
- Bobby & Anne Setzer: Two bedroom Apartment, recently remodeled, 1/2 mile from WCU. Includes utilities. No pets. Deposit required. 828-293-5216 or 828-226-9321
- Benny Overton: Two bedroom, 1 bath house, partially furnished; 1 mile fromnew Health and Human Sciences Building, washer/dryer/dishwasher; no pets; available August 1st; phone 919-482-0239; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garage Apartment (Ginger Fullbright): One bedroom garage apartment for rent on Old Settlement Road available May 1st. Stove, refrigerator, water and satellite hookups included. Private, peaceful with large ard and ponds to enjoy. 1st and last month rent required. Will consider allowing a cat. 828-586-6232
- Ginger Fullbright: Three bedroom, 1 bath house for rent on Old Settlement Road. Partially furnished, stove refrigerator, water, satellite hook-ups, washer/dryer, oil furnace, window a/c's. private, peaceful with large yard and ponds to enjoy. Will consider allowing a cat. 828-586-6232