Deadlines to apply to the RN to BSN program are currently September 10 for the Spring semester, and April 10 for the Fall semester.
Several prerequisites are required to be eligible for admission to the RN to BSN program. To determine admission eligibility, it is highly recommended that students have their transcripts reviewed by the RN to BSN Student Services Advisor to prior to applying. This is a free unofficial evaluation for those interested in this program.
To have your transcripts reviewed:
- Complete, print, sign, and date the Transcript Evaluation Request Form,
- (Open form as a PDF in Adobe to complete before printing/saving).
- Use a current home/personal email as that is how we will respond to you.
- Do not use a work or student email addres.
- Obtain a transcript from all previously attended community colleges and/or universities
- Remember to send each transcript* from all college-level work.
- We need the most up-to-date transcripts in order to check all items (you may need to request new copies).
- Your transcripts should include the college name, all classes with grades/hours, GPA
and any degrees earned.
- High School transcripts are not needed
- Also submit any CLEP/DANTES/AP/Etc. exam scores along with transcripts
- Evaluation requests cannot be completed until all transcripts are received.
- Official transcripts are not necessary (they are preferred) for the evaluation request,
but copies of transcripts need to be readable and complete.
- Any official transcripts received by the School of Nursing will not be fowarded to another office, including Admissions.
- If you apply to the university you will have to send additional official transcripts to Admissions.
- Please make sure your name is on all paperwork
- Each transcript needs to have a clearly visible college name
- Once you have completed the evaluation form, please email (preferred) your completed form along with all transcripts to:
- The RN to BSN Student Services Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Or mail all the information to: RN to BSN Student Services, WCU School of Nursing, 28 Schenck Pkwy, Ste 309, Asheville, NC 28803.
Once you have received your evaluation back from student services, you may use it to help complete the application process.
Prerequisite requirements are listed on the Admission Requirements Page. You can complete all prerequisites through the NC Community College System! You may find NC Community College course equivalents to meet prerequisites:
NC Community College Course Equivalencies - found under "Credits Earned Elsewhere" You may search for online course availability for any NC Community College: Virtual Learning Community
If you have any questions about transcript evaluations, please contact Student Services.
* We cannot use what other colleges used as transfer courses, so we must have each individual transcript for the evaluation process.
*** Acceptance into the RN to BSN program is based upon the School of Nursing's Office of Student Services unofficially evaluating all transfer coursework. Student Services will complete transcript evaluations and process applications for admission, however, the WCU Registrar's Office has the final decision on how Liberal Studies courses will be transferred for students upon acceptance into the RN to BSN Program. In the event that the Registrar's Office determines a course not to be equivalent to a Liberal Studies prerequisite, students must complete any pending prerequisites concurrently with the program curriculum.