FULL-TIME NURSE ANESTHESIA GRADUATE STUDENT
NC RESIDENT TUITION AND FEES
OUT-OF STATE RESIDENT TUITION AND FEES
Each Fall, Spring semester (9 hours or more) $6,270.00* $11,062.50* Summer semester per credit charge $287.50/credit hour $468.300/credit hour Total Program $35,662.50* $62,337.00*
*A tuition surcharge for anesthesia students is included in Total Program cost above. Tuition rates may change during the course of the program. The out-of-state total program tuition and fees estimate assumes students will apply and be eligible for in-state residency status after 3 consecutive semesters in the Nurse Anesthesia Program.
Application Fee: $50.00
Graduation Fee: $60.00
Late Registration Fee: $10.00
In addition to the standard university tuition and fees, Nurse Anesthesia students will be responsible for the following fees/expenses:
1. Self Evaluation Examination Fee: All nurse anesthesia students must take the
Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists Self-Evaluation Examination in Year 2.
The student fee is currently $125.00.
2. Associate Membership in the AANA: Payable to the AANA. Current fee is $100.00.
3. Required textbooks and supplies. Approximate costs:
(a) Textbooks: $1800.00
(b) Stethoscope: $100.00
(c) Earpiece: $95.00
(d) Lab Coat: $40.00
(e) Precordial stethoscope: $20.00
(f) PDA: optional
(g) OR scrubs (green): approximately $40 per scrub suit
4. Transportation costs and meals: While on clinical rotation and to one state anesthesia meeting and one national AANA meeting during the course of the program. Funds may be available to reduce travel to state and national meetings.
5. Certification Examination: All students must take the Council on Certification Examination, payable to the Council prior to graduation. The current fee is $725.00.
6. ACLS, PALS and BCLS recertification fees.
7. Professional Liability Insurance through AANA Insurance Services: Current standard annual premium is approximately $274.00 (coverage limits $1 million per incident/$3 million aggregate).
8. Health insurance: Provided through Student Health Services. The student must apply for a waiver of the fee if the student has their own coverage.
9. Background check: $20.00 (minimum).
10. Medatrax case record tracking system: currently $7.50 per month.
11. Review Course: The student will be required to pay for the NARC4U review course in their senior year. The current cost is $500.00.
Students accepted into the program are required to be computer literate and have access to a PC or MAC laptop computer with high-speed Internet transmission.
A complete medical examination record is required of all students entering the University.
All students are required to have the following current immunizations: diphtheria-pertussis-tetanus
vaccination, measles, mumps, rubella (“MMR”) vaccination, and polio vaccination.
Evidence of the immunizations must be in the student’s records at the time of registration.
In addition to the immunizations required by WCU, the Nurse Anesthesia Program will
require current tuberculin skin testing (“PPD”), annual influenza vaccination and
a hepatitis B series (or statement refusing the series). Some clinical sites may
require proof of immunization.
In addition to the above expenses, the student should also consider housing, meals, transportation and loss of income during the educational period.
(All expenses quoted on this page are subject to change without notice.)