Application to the ABSN Option requires applying to both Western Carolina University and the School of Nursing.
1. It is strongly recommended that applications attend an ABSN Advising Session located at the WCU Programs at Biltmore Park location prior to submitting their application. To view session dates and RSVP, visit the ABSN Advising Session website.
2. Students must apply for general admission to Western Carolina University at least two months prior to the ABSN Option admission cycle. Click here to review the Western Carolina University admission requirements and online application.
3. Complete the TEAS Admissions Exam: WCU tests using TEAS Version V (5.0). To read more about TEAS preparation and registration, visit the TEAS website.
3. Submit a completed ABSN Option application to the School of Nursing by the following deadline:
- The Fall 2014 ABSN application deadline is May 5, 2014. The Fall 2015 ABSN application deadline is February 1, 2015.
Please review instructions in the packet well in advance of the deadline for application.
Selection will be based on the applicant's qualifications, intellectual curiosity,
communication skills, and potential for success in the ABSN Option. Meeting minimum
requirements for admission does not guarantee acceptance into the ABSN Option.
For more information or assistance with the application process, contact:
Dr. Jessica Shirley
Director of Student Services
School of Nursing