1. Graduate of an accredited college or university with an approved bachelor’s degree.
2. Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale.
3. TEAS Admission Assessment Score. To learn more, visit the TEAS website.
4. Completed ABSN application.
5. Completion of the following prerequisite courses with a grade of ‘C’ or above.*
- Chemistry 132 – Introductory Chemistry with lab (4 hours)
- Chemistry 133 – Survey Organic/Biochemistry with lab (4 hours)
- Biology 291 – Human Anatomy & Physiology with lab (4 hours)
- Biology 292 – Human Anatomy & Physiology with lab (4 hours)
- Environmental Health 260/261 – Etiology of Infectious Disease with lab (3 hours)
- Psychology 150 – General Psychology (3 hours)
- ND 338 – Normal & Therapeutic Nutrition
- NSG 101 – Introduction to Professional Nursing (must earn a B or higher)
- NSG 346 – Pathophysiology for Nursing (may only be repeated once for a total of two
Students may elect to complete the course prerequisites at a community college or
other university. Prior course equivalency approval is required for courses taken
at another institution. Click here for more information about North Carolina Community College course equivalencies for the prerequisites.
Note - Admission to the ABSN Option is highly selective. Admission selection criteria for eligible applications will be based on:
- Cumulative GPA (50%)
- TEAS Admission Assessment Exam Score (25%)
- Resume and Cover Letter Score (10%)
- Interview with the ABSN Admissions Committee (15%)