Affiliation agreements are held between WCU and 18 regional health care facilities across Western North Carolina and several in South Carolina. These facilities include hospitals, health departments, clinics, child nutrition programs, and community businesses. Thus, students are exposed to a variety of learning experiences to prepare them for careers in dietetics with many cooperating regional health care facilities.
WCU DI Participating Facilities 2012
Affiliation agreements are held between WCU and 18 regional health care facilities across Western Carolina and several in South Carolina including Hospitals, Health Departments, Clinics, Child Nutrition Programs, and Community Businesses. Thus, students are exposed to a variety of learning experiences to prepare them for careers in dietetics.
Participating facilities include but are not limited to ...
- Mission+St. Joseph's Hospital, Asheville, NC
- VA Medical Center, Asheville, NC
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC
- Park Ridge Hospital, Fletcher, NC
- Broughton Hospital, Morganton, NC
- Margaret Pardee Memorial Hospital, Henderson, NC
- MedWest Haywood Medical Center, Clyde, NC
- MedWest Harris Hospital, Sylva, NC
- Cherokee Indian Hospital, Cherokee, NC
- Highlands Cashiers Hospital, Highlands, NC
- Transylvania Community Hospital, Brevard, NC
- Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, Spartanburg, SC
- Rutherford Regional Hospital
- Angel Medical Center, Franklin, NC
- Asheville Kidney Center, Asheville, NC
- County Health Departments in Jackson, Macon, Buncombe, Henderson, Haywood, Graham, Swain, Rutherford, Madison, and Transylvania Counties
- Child Nutrition Programs in Jackson, Haywood, Macon, Henderson, Yancey Counties and in Buncombe County Schools and in Cherokee County in the Qualla Boundary
- Community Clinics including Cherokee Diabetes Program, Cherokee Choices Program, and Davita Dialysis