Semester Application Deadline
Fall Priority Admission Deadline March 1st
Final Admission Deadline April 19th
Spring October 15th
Summer April 19th
NOTE: Application materials must be submitted by the deadline even if recommendations or GRE scores are still pending.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be reviewed. However, applicants may contact the Graduate School by Email and request to have their application moved to the next available semester, with no additional cost.
1. Cumulative grade point average of "B" or higher (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) in all upper-level
2. Satisfactory scores on the verbal, quantitative and analytical portions of the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Minimum scores are:
Test Taken Verbal Quantitative Analytical Writing
Before Aug. 2011 400 400 3.5
After Aug. 2011 146 140 3.5
3. Three letters of recommendation from instructors or employers who are able to judge aptitude for graduate study.
4. An Application Essay (Word)
5. Students wishing to apply for admission to the Dietetic Internship must complete a separate Dietetic Internship application and be selected for admission. Applicants admitted to the DI program will be automatically admitted to the MHS program Nutrition concentration. For details on the process, contact the Dietetic Internship (DI) Program.
Cost: Tuition and Fees are based on distance or residential status.
Financial Aid: MHS students are eligible for educational loans and financial aid. For more information, click here.
Additional funding sources for graduate students is available here.
Visit the MHS Scholarships page for information on scholarships and grants.