Students familiarize themselves with athletic training equipment.
Criteria for Provisional AdmissionStudents are eligible for provisional admission to the Athletic Training Program during the spring semester of the first year at WCU. Application deadline for provisional admission is 5 pm on April 10th. Transfer students who take ATTR 150 over the summer must apply by 5 pm on August 10th.
1. Successful Completion of Application for Provisional Admission
2. Completion of 150 "Introduction to Athletic Training" with a C+ or better
Provisional admission will be granted to students who:
1. Are declared Athletic Training Majors
2. Complete the application by the deadline, following all directions.
3. Have earned an overall GPA of 2.0
4. Have completed ATTR 150 with a C+ or Better
5. Have the endorsement of WCU AT Faculty
Criteria for Full AdmissionFull admission to the Athletic Training Program promotes quality education and ensures exceptional opportunities for hands-on learning under the supervision of a certified athletic trainer. Full admission to the program typically occurs at the completion of the student's third semester at WCU. Application deadline for full admission to the ATEP is December 15 of the application year.
1. Successfully complete the following pre-requisite courses with a grade of C+ or higher:
a. ATTR 150 "Introduction to Athletic Training"
b. ATTR 210 "Clinical Anatomy & Biomechanics"
2. Successfully complete the following pre-requisite courses with a grade of C+ or higher in two of the three additional courses with no prerequisite courses below a grade of C (Students must be provisionally admitted prior to being eligible to take these courses):
a. ATTR 265 "Clinical Physiology"
b. ATTR 221 "Therapeutic Modalities I"
c. ATTR 283 "Clinical Education I"
3. Complete ATTR 183 "Introduction to Clinical Education" with a grade of "S" (satisfactory)
4. Overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
5. Pre-requisite GPA of 2.75 or higher
6. Successful Completion of Application for Full Admission by application deadline
7. Endorsement of WCU AT Faculty
8. Grades earned on the first or second attempt at a course will be counted towards admission