To be fully admitted into the School of Stage & Screen BFA-Theatre/Acting concentration major, you must:
- Apply to the School. Download the application form (Word) found on the Stage & Screen Admission Requirement page, fill it out, and mail it to the address listed on the form.
- Be admitted to Western Carolina University. Note: admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the School of Stage & Screen
- Complete a satisfactory live audition for the Stage & Screen faculty. Audition requirements are listed below.
- Submit two letters of reference concerning your prospect for professional study
- Submit a Head Shot ( or recent photo)
- Submit your resume
- Submit an essay on "Why you want to major in Acting"
Applicants must perform 2 comical or dramatic monologues from a contemporary play or musical (not from a movie or television show) that last 1.5 - 2 mins in length each. [Please do not use any monologues from the following plays: Our Town, Promedy, Star Spangled Girl, Fantasticks, Funny Girl or any Shakespeare].