School of Stage & Screen Programs have specific admission requirements. Please refer to the particular degree of interest below.
Audition Dates for Fall 2014 Admission: (BA Stage & Screen, BFA Theatre-Acting & Musical Theatre)
- Saturday, February 15th, 2014
- Saturday, March 22nd, 2014
- Saturday, April 12th, 2014
You must audition by April 12th, 2014 in order to receive full consideration for admission and scholarships.
You also must be admitted to Western Carolina University. Note: Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the School of Stage & Screen.
B.A. STAGE & SCREEN: This degree is for the student that is interested in a variety of aspects of the industry; Theatre, Film, Design/Tech or Stage Management, but doesn't not wish to limit there studies to one specialized area.
- Admittance requirements for B.A. Stage & Screen
- Application form for B.A. Stage & Screen
- Eight semester plans for B.A. Stage & Screen
- B.A. Stage & Screen Catalog
B.F.A. THEATRE - Acting: This degree is for the performance student
- Admittance requirements for B.F.A. Theatre-Acting
- Application form for B.F.A. Theatre-Acting
- Eight semester plan for B.F.A. Theatre-Acting
- B.F.A. Theatre Catalog
B.F.A. Theatre - MUSICAL THEATRE: This degree is for the performance student with the addition of the voice and some musical components
- Admittance requirements for the B.F.A. Musical Theatre
- Application form for B.F.A. Musical Theatre
- Eight semester plan for B.F.A. Musical Theatre
- Eight semester plan for B.F.A. Musical Theatre for Students entering Fall 2012 or later
B.F.A. FILM & TELEVISION PRODUCTION: This degree is tailored for those students who want to be a part of film making, either writing, directing, producing, or any other hands on aspects of the making of film.
Entering freshmen may declare FTP as their major without applying first. They must then apply during their first year no later than January 21, 2014 and be accepted into the program to continue in their sophomore year.
AA and Transfer students and WCU change-of-majors cannot declare FTP without first applying and being accepted into the program. It is recommended that they submit their applications no later than January 21, 2014 to be considered for admission in fall 2014. FTP will continue to accept applications from AA, Transfers, and change-of-majors until April 1, 2014 for any remaining places.