WCU Student Ensembles
Instrumental and vocal ensembles
What’s Going On?
Calendar of Music Events
In order to become a music major or minor at Western Carolina University, you must be accepted by both the University and the School of Music.
- Acceptance to the University is based upon academic standards common to all students at the University.
- Acceptance to the School of Music is based upon demonstration of your skills and performance ability in a live audition for members of the music faculty.
How to Apply
You must apply to the University through the Admissions Office.
- You must also apply to the School of Music by submitting the Undergraduate Audition Application form (PDF). Please download this form, fill it out, and mail it to the address listed on bottom of the form.
For more information on auditioning for the School of Music, choose your program below.
NOTE: Music Graduate Programs are no longer accepting applications.
Our undergraduate programs emphasize the academic and performance skills you need for success.
- Commercial and Electronic Music (B.M.)
- Music Education (B.M./B.S.Ed.)
- Music Industry (B.A.)
- Music Performance (B.M.)
Instrumental and Vocal Studios
Whether your performing area is woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, or voice, or even commercial & electronic music, our exceptional faculty of recognized and respected professionals will provide you with the training you need to excel. Use the links at the upper right of this page to go to the studio in which you are interested.
For more information about being a Music student, please follow this link to information for Current Music Students.