WCU Student Ensembles
Instrumental and vocal ensembles
What’s Going On?
Calendar of Music Events
School of Music students participate in a variety of music-related student organizations, including:
Kappa Kappa Psi (KKY): a national honorary band fraternity, founded at Oklahoma State University in 1919 to support college and university band programs. Epsilon Lambda chapter.
- President: Megan Lawler
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. John West
- Email: EpsilonLambda@kkpsi.org
Phi Mu Alpha (PMA): a national music fraternity, founded in 1898 at the New England Conservatory of Music to provide a professional experience for men interested in music. Western's Omicron Epsilon chapter was established in 1995.
- President: Nathan (Nate) Bowman
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Dan Cherry
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://claws.wcu.edu/sinfonia/oe/index.asp
Sigma Alpha Iota (SAI): an international music fraternity for women founded in 1903 at the University of Michigan to further the development of music in America and throughout the world. Western's Eta Theta chapter was established in 1984.
- President: Emily Cutchin
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Mary Kay Bauer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://claws.wcu.edu/rccarter1/index.html
Collegiate National Association for Music Education (CNAfME): a national organization of professional music educators, founded in 1907 in Keokuk, Iowa to support music education in the United States. Chapter #356.