The School University Teacher Education Partnership (SUTEP) in the College of Education and Allied Professions (CEAP) is please to offer the Partnership School Grant program.
The program is designed to support collaboration between Western Carolina University (WCU) faculty and P-12 teachers for the purpose of improving student learning. Projects should be aligned with the NC Standard Course of Study; priority will e given to projects that reflect innovation and promote 21st Century skills such as critical thinking, open-ended problem soling, creativity, collaboration, communication, and teamwork.
Funds may not be used to compensate persons employed by WCU or for a person to oversee the grant. The award may be used in a variety of ways including professional development, materials, technology, etc.
To be considered for an award, an application should include:
- Completed Cover Sheet, signed by Principal
- Detailed Budget
- Summary of project - to be posted on SUTEP website
- Letter of Support from WCU faculty member
- Narrative Description (not to exceed 5 double spaced pages)
The following criteria will be considered when making the awards:
- How does this proposal encourage school/university collaboration?
- How does this project enhance student learning?
- How will the impact be evaluated? (What student indicators will be used?)
- What potential ongoing effects are anticipated?
- To what extent are grant funds needed for this project?