The mission of SUTEP is to support a seamless continuum for the ongoing development of professional educators. This mission is met through the initiatives of four standing committees: Recruitment, Pre-service, Induction, and Professional Development. To provide maximum impact, academic departments and centers in the College of Education and Allied Professions collaborate with SUTEP and have in their mission provision of services related to recruitment, preparation, induction, and professional development.
- To support the development and implementation of the university Teacher Education Recruitment Plan outlined in UNC-Tomorrow
- To provide college access opportunities to middle and high school students
- To foster collaboration between university faculty and public school partners, provide services and professional development activities to prepare P-12 students to meet 21st century standards, and to look for solutions to identified needs (Stewards of Place)
- To provide support for faculty as they implement the Boyer Model of Scholarship and for students as they apply knowledge learned to the classroom (QEP)
- To assess programs annually, apply research, and disseminate results
Annually, WCU collects and publishes a report of its services to public schools.
Read the complete 2008-2010 SUTEP Strategic Plan (PDF).