91 Killian Building Lane, Suite 201
Teacher Recruitment, Advising, and Career Support (TRACS)
Cullowhee, NC 28723
828.227.7027 tel
828.227.7610 fax

Alternative Licensure Tuition & Fees

Most of Western’s alternative licensure programs are available as Distance Learning Programs (DLP) because courses are held off-site or online. Tuition for distance learning programs is calculated by credit hour. We also offer residential courses allowing you to take classes at our Cullowhee campus or on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Asheville. Graduate resident tuition is based on a full-time or part-time status. Undergraduate resident tuition rates are based on full-time status. To see how individual programs are offered, please visit our Alternative Licensure Programs.

Visit WCU Tuition and Fees for detailed information regarding tuition for the upcoming semesters.

In addition to tuition and university fees, you'll need to factor other costs of attendance into your graduate school budget. These may include incidental costs such as TaskStream, transportation, books, and supplies. Visit Financial Aid for more information.

Information for Out-of-State Students

Out-of-state students need to visit WCU's Applicants Outside NC to view eligibility of online programs.

Establishing North Carolina Residency

You must complete the North Carolina Residence and Tuition Status Application (PDF) to establish North Carolina residency. Contact Elizabeth Frazier ( or 828-227-3179) if you have questions.


Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services