To update your license by adding educational levels to an existing license (initial or “A” level to master’s; master’s to specialist or doctorate) complete and submit the following to the CEAP licensure specialist:
Forms and Payment
- Form U - Licensure Update. Fill in personal information (top three lines) and Statement of Applicant section, including handwritten signature. WCU will complete the middle action section and CEAP Associate Dean with sign as Superintendent or Designee.
- Form V - Verification by Institution. Complete top three lines only
- A DPI processing fee is also required in order to submit your application packet, see Payments and Mailing Instructions.
Licensure Exam scores
- Submit original or legible, unaltered copies of your qualifying Praxis II score(s), if applicable, with your application paperwork. For elementary and special education requirements, see Praxis II and Pearson Tests under Related Links.
- No additional licensure exams should be required if you hold a license in the same area you are updating.
- Licensure exam score(s) are required when adding a new license area in Elementary Education or Special Education: General Curriculum.
- Updating a P-12 School Administrator (principal/superintendent) license currently has no license exam requirement.
Contact the CEAP licensure specialist if you have questions about whether or not the testing requirement applies to you.