To update your license by adding educational levels to an existing license (initial or “A” level to master’s; master’s to specialist or doctorate) complete and submit the following to the CEAP licensure specialist:
Forms and Payment
- Form A - License Application. Statement of Applicant section must include handwritten signature.
- Form V - Verification by Institution. Complete top three lines only
- A DPI processing fee is also required in order to submit your application packet, see Payments and Mailing Instructions.
Licensure Exam scores
- Submit original or legible, unaltered copies of your qualifying Praxis II score(s) and/or Pearson scores. Also see the Praxis II and Pearson Tests link under Related Information detailing testing requirements.
- No additional licensure exams should be required if you hold a license in the same area you are updating.
- Licensure exam score(s) are required when adding a new license area in elementary education or special education.
- Updating a P-12 School Administrator (principal/superintendent) license currently has no license exam requirement.
Contact the CEAP licensure specialist if you have questions about whether or not the testing requirement applies to you.