To apply for your Special Services Personnel License (Master of Arts in Education-School Counseling; Specialist in School Psychology-School Psychologist; Master of Science-Communication Disorders Speech-Language Pathologist; or Master of Social Work - School Social Worker), complete and submit the following to the CEAP licensure specialist:
- Form A - Application for a North Carolina License. Must include handwritten signature.
- Form V - Verification by Institution. Complete only top three lines.
- A DPI fee is required in order to submit your application packet, see Payments and Mailing Instructions
- Attach copy of Praxis II qualifying score. Praxis testing and registration information can be found through Educational Testing Service. Contact the CEAP licensure specialist if you have questions.
- The Speech-Language Pathologist license has a NCBOESLPA testing requirement instead of a Praxis II requirement. Contact the Department of Public Instruction at 800.577.7994 for information about this licensure requirement.
- The School Social Worker license currently has no Praxis II test requirement.