Special Services Personnel Licensure

To apply for your Special Service Personnel License (Master of Arts in Education-School Counseling; Specialist in School Psychology-School Psychologist; Master of Science-Communication Disorders Speech-Language Pathologist; or Master of Social Work - School Social Worker), complete and submit the following to the CEAP licensure specialist:

Forms and Payment

  • Form A - Application for a North Carolina License for use by first time licensure applicants.  Must include handwritten signature.
  • Form U - Licensure Update for use by individuals who already hold a teaching license and are adding a Special Service Personnel area to their license or are clearing their provisional/lateral entry license. Fill in personal information (top three lines) and Statement of Applicant section, including handwritten signature. WCU will complete middle section and CEAP Associate Dean will sign as Superintendent or Designee. 
  • Form V - Verification by Institution. Complete  top three lines only.
  • A DPI processing fee is required in order to submit your application packet, see Payments and Mailing Instructions

Supporting Material

  • Licensure Exam Scores - Submit original or legible, unaltered copy of your qualifying Praxis II test score, if applicable, with your application paperwork to the CEAP licensure specialist.  Even though you may have indicated WCU as a recipient of your score, print a legible copy from your ETS account and fax, mail, or email your test score with your application materials.  If you still need to take the Praxis II, testing and registration information can be found through Educational Testing Service by selecting North Carolina under State Testing Requirements.  Contact the CEAP licensure specialist if you have questions. 
  • Transcripts - click here to review requirements.  The CEAP licensure specialist will take care of your WCU transcripts.  All other transcripts should be sent directly to the CEAP licensure specialist.



Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services