To apply for your Special Service Personnel License (Master of Arts in Education-School Counseling; Specialist in School Psychology-School Psychologist; Master of Science-Communication Disorders Speech-Language Pathologist; or Master of Social Work - School Social Worker), complete and submit the following to the CEAP licensure specialist:
Forms and Payment
- Form A - Application for a North Carolina license by first time license applicants or applicants adding an area to their license. Statement of Applicant section must include handwritten signature.
- Form U - License update used to clear a provisional or lateral entry license or request a name change. Fill in personal information (top three lines) and Statement of Applicant section, including handwritten signature. WCU will complete middle section and CEAP Associate Dean will sign as Superintendent or Designee. Supporting documentation is required to request a name change.
- Form V - Verification by Institution. Complete top three lines only.
- A DPI processing fee is required in order to submit your application packet, see Payments and Mailing Instructions
- Licensure Exam Scores - Fax, mail, or email an original or legible, unaltered copy of your qualifying Praxis II test score with your application paperwork to the CEAP licensure specialist even if you chose WCU as a recipient of your score. If you still need to take the Praxis II, testing and registration information can be found at Educational Testing Service. Contact the CEAP licensure specialist if you have questions.
- There is currently no required test(s) for a School Social Work license.
- Transcripts - click here to review requirements. The CEAP licensure specialist will take care of your WCU transcripts. All other transcripts should be sent directly to the CEAP licensure specialist.