First NC Teaching License
To apply for an initial or "A" level North Carolina teaching license, complete and submit the following to the CEAP licensure specialist:
Forms and Payment
- Form A - Application for a North Carolina License. Must include handwritten signature.
- Form V - Verification by Institution. Complete only top three lines.
- LEA/IHE Certification of Teaching Capacity (CTC) - The CTC replaces Form S and is completed at the end of Student Teaching/Internship by student, cooperating teacher, university supervisor, principal, and academic supervisor, if applicable. The original document is to be submitted to the Office of Field Experience. Your license application cannot be sent to the Department of Public Instruction without this document.
- Limited use of Form S - Student Teaching/Internship Performance. To be used only by those students who completed Student Teaching/Internship prior to summer 2011. Complete top and middle portions of the form. Have your cooperating teacher check the appropriate box for student’s performance and sign as LEA supervisor and have your principal sign as the superintendent or designee. B-K majors should have the licensed teacher who evaluated your teacher work sample or your cooperating teacher sign as LEA supervisor and your internship facility director or your principal sign as superintendent or designee.
- A DPI processing fee is required in order to submit your application packet, see Payments and Mailing Instructions.
Licensure Exam Scores
- Mail, email, or fax original or legible unaltered copies of your qualifying test score(s) with your application paperwork to the CEAP licensure specialist. Be sure to confirm NC testing requirements for your license area before you register for a test(s). Contact the CEAP licensure specialist if you have questions.