What do we offer?

Art Education -
M.A.Ed., M.A.T. 

English Education - 
M.A.Ed., M.A.T.  

Mathematics Education - 
M.A.Ed., M.A.T. 

Music Education -
M.A.Ed., M.A.T.  

Biology Education - 
M.A.Ed., M.A.T.  

Chemistry Education -
M.A.Ed., M.A.T.  

Social Sciences Education -
M.A.Ed., M.A.T.  

Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages -
M.A.Ed., M.A.T.  



Contact the School of Teaching and Learning

School of Teaching and Learning

WCU Graduate School

Click Here to Request Information About Our Graduate Programs

Graduate Programs in Secondary Education and Specialty Subjects

If you already have a teaching license but would like an advanced degree, the Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.) was designed for you.

If you already have a bachelor's (four-year) degree and would like to teach the subject you majored in, the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) allows you to get an advanced degree and teaching licensure at the same time.


Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services