PRM students earn a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Parks and Recreation Management:
The major requires 43-45 hours as follows:
- PRM 250 - Foundations of Parks and Recreation Management (3)
- PRM 254 - Introduction to Outdoor Pursuits Education (4)
- PRM 270 - Leadership and Group Dynamics in Recreation (3)
- PRM 350 - University & Career Planning in PRM (1)
- PRM 361 - Program Planning and Evaluation in Parks and Recreation Management (4)
- PRM 370 - Internship Orientation (1)
- PRM 383 - Internship in Parks and Recreation Management (1, R3) (mini-internships) (1 credit, repeat 3 times for a total of 3 credits)
- PRM 430 - Entrepreneurship and Commercial Recreation (3)
- PRM 433 - Outdoor Recreation (3)
- PRM 461 - Management and Administration of PRM Services (3)
- PRM 480 - Independent Study (1-3, R6)
- PRM 483 - Capstone Internship in Parks and Recreation Management (3, R6)
- PRM 495 - Senior Seminar in Parks and Recreation Management (1)
- RTH 250 - Inclusion and Recreation for People with Disabilities (3)
- HEAL 250 - First Aid and Safety Education (2)
- PRM 356 - Outdoor First Aid (4)
Students will be able to select 12 hours from a focus area in consultation with your advisor.
Download the Eight Semester Plan for B.S. in Parks and Recreation Management
The minor in parks and recreation management requires 18 hours consisting of two core courses and any 12 hours of electives approved by your PRM advisor. The two core courses are:
PRM 250 and PRM 270.
For more information on the curriculum and related topics, contact the PRM Program at 828.227.3843 or firstname.lastname@example.org.