For a printable version of our Turabian Citation Guide, including rules and samples for notes and bibliographies, click here.
- Formatting Footnotes/Endnotes and Bibliographies
- Subsequent Notes - consecutive citations from a single source
- An Exception to the Footnote Rule - multiple sources within a single paragraph (check with your professor before using this exception)
To see an example of a secondhand or indirect source, visit the Turabian Book Sources page and scroll to "One source quoted in another."
- Print Sources
- Non-Print Sources (personal interviews, live performances, broadcast performances, and recordings)
- Electronic Sources
- Block Quotations (citing larger portions of text from your sources)
Information in this section is based on A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, Seventh Edition, by Kate L. Turabian (Chicago: The University of Chicago, 2007). If your questions are not answered here, consult the complete Manual for Writers in Hunter Library’s Reference section (or in the WaLC) for more detailed information.