The Writing and Learning Commons supports four major citations styles: APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, and AMA.
There are many other formats, however. While they are not commonly used at WCU, you may occasionally need to use one of the following styles:
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Sociological Association (ASA) and American Anthropological Association (AAA)
- The Associated Press (AP) stylebook (copies available in the WaLC)
- The Bluebook for legal citation
- Council of Science Editors (CSE)
- Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- and others
Many citation styles are based on the Chicago Manual of Style, so when in doubt about a particular rule in your discipline, it is often appropriate to default to Chicago rules.
For help with RESEARCH in a particular major, try the Hunter Library Reference Guides, with specific advice for many departments and specific courses.