Learning Outcomes for Tutors
Tutors often report that they learn as much from tutoring as their students. The WaLC's tutor training course (USI 202: Intro to Peer Tutoring) guides new tutors as they:
- Identify connections between personal interests and abilities, programs of study, and the tutoring experience.
- Reflect on their tutoring practice and formulate goals for personal learning and development.
- Demonstrate an improved understanding of the tutored material.
- Recognize different learning styles and use a variety of learning strategies in their tutoring sessions.
- Convey information in a variety of contexts and communicate effectively and responsibly with a number of audiences (students, faculty, staff, etc.).
- Demonstrate effective time management and organization skills.
- Gather and integrate information from a variety of contexts in order to address situations that arise in the work environment.