Thanks for your interest in employment at the WaLC!
Before you apply, please review the job descriptions for the position you are pursuing (i.e. Course Tutor, Writing Tutor, ASC, or OA). All of the following materials must be received in the WaLC before your application will be considered:
- Unofficial Transcripts from MyCat (Go to “Personal Services," click on the “Student”
tab, and select “Academic Transcript”). These can be uploaded into the online application.
- Recommendation forms: Your references will need to fill out the form at the link below.
- Two recommendation forms are required for all candidates.
- Course Tutors: Submit at least one faculty recommendation form for each course you are applying to tutor; if you are applying to tutor only one course, submit two faculty recommendations from faculty members in that department.
- Direct your references to the Faculty Toolbox to complete the recommendation form.
- Acknowledgment that you are eligible to work on campus. See the Student Employment page for details.
- Personal Statement (to be included in the online application):
- Why you are applying for this position,
- What skills you possess that will be relevant to this position,
- What you hope to gain, personally and/or professionally, from this work experience.
- Tutor applicants only: Why you feel tutoring is needed in the courses you have identified