An official academic transcript is a complete and accurate reflection of a student’s record. It contains all coursework taken while enrolled at Western Carolina University.
- There is no charge for a transcript.
- Transcripts cannot be faxed.
- Transcripts will not be issued for persons having delinquent accounts with the university. The student must clear his/her delinquent account through the University Cashier located at the OneStop in 132 Killian Annex (828-227-7170).
How to Request an Official Transcript
There are three ways in which to request an official transcript: by mail, in person, or by fax. Due to the Family Educational and Privacy Act of 1974 (which prohibits the release of academic records without the written consent of the student), we CANNOT accept requests by telephone or email.
Students should request transcripts at least one week before the transcript is needed. Processing time for academic transcript requests is 24 to 48 hours, except during peak periods. Every effort is made to process and mail transcripts in a timely manner within the order received.
What Information must an Official Transcript Request Include?
All official transcript requests must include the following information:
- Student’s complete name at the time of attendance (including maiden name, additional married names, or name changes)
- Student identification number
- Dates of attendance
- Date of birth
- Your current mailing address and telephone number
- Complete name and mailing address of the institution/person to whom the transcript is to be sent
- Your written signature (required)
Official Transcript Request Form and Instructions
You may download, view, print, complete, sign, mail, or fax our official Transcript Request Form (PDF).
Mail your written request to:
Western Carolina University
206 Killian Annex
Cullowhee, NC 28723
Fax your written request to 828-227-7217.
Make your written request in person by completing and submitting a Transcript Request Form to the OneStop (132 Killian Annex) or the Registrar’s Office (206 Killian Annex).
Students picking up transcripts must present a valid picture ID. A second party who has written authorization from the student and a valid picture ID may pick up a requested academic transcript.