How to Access/Request this Service
Students can use the Paw Print system to print documents in Hunter Library and in 3 designated student computer labs, where printing can be paid for with CatCash. This assumes funds have been deposited to the CatCard debit account. Coin printing is available in Hunter Library.
PAW Print Direct is a web-interface for printing. You can print from anywhere with an internet connection, and pick up the printing on campus in 6 locations: Hunter Copy Room (145), Courtyard Dining, Balsam, Scott, Walker, University Center - 3rd floor. Labs and library will not use this system – they will work as described, above.
Faculty and Staff:
PAW Print offers you two printing methods:
1. Select a PAW Print device’s direct print queue and send your job for an immediate
printout to the closest device to your desk.
2. Send your print job to a secure print queue and then swipe your CatCard at any PAW Print machine on campus to access the network print server, pull up a list of your secure print jobs, and then select which job you wish to print and the number of copies. The job will be completed at speeds from 25 to 60 pages per minute, depending on the type of device.
In addition, PAW Print enables you to swipe your CatCard to make copies, or to scan pages to e-mail as PDF files.
PAW Print is a network of all-in-one high-speed printers, copiers, fax machines and scanners.
All PAW Print release stations are on campus
Faculty, staff, students
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the exception of scheduled maintenance.
Keep the PAW Print servers online, make sure the print release stations are up and running, extract info from the financial records system three times a day to make accounts/accounting work, manage the CatCard system.
Contact the IT Help Desk
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Closed weekends and university holidays
Call: 227-7487 or 866-928-7487 (toll free)
Log in: Online Help Desk/IT Self-Service <http://help.wcu.edu/>
Faculty and Staff
username – wcu\WCU account username
password – WCU account password
username – wcu\Catamount account username
password – your PIN or password
Visit the Technology Commons
On the ground floor of Hunter Library
For walk-up technology assistance for faculty, staff and students
We’re open the same hours as Hunter Library
For More Information
Charge for this Service
- $.05 per page for black and white (CatCash or coin)
- $.25 per page for color (CatCash or coin)
Methods of Payment
- Payment will be automatically deducted from a student's CatCash or billed to an employee's department.
- Employees also can select to have the expense for personal printing deducted from their CatCash.
- Visitors will be able to use the devices in Hunter Library and pay with coins.