How to Access/Request this Service
Faculty/Staff – based on hiring
Students – based on enrollment
Accounts which provide acccess with a username and password to log in t university computing resources (computers, email, wireless network, printers, storage space, web space, Blackboard, access to various other areas as needed).
Based on Active Directory
WCU Accounts are for faculty and staff (with a few exceptions for teaching/lab assistants).
Catamount Accounts are for students.
Catamount Accounts (Student Email)
Catamount Mail offers web-based email with SPAM protection, contacts, and calendar features.
Email address format = email@example.com
WCU Accounts (Faculty/Staff Email)
SPAM protection screens all incoming email, reducing the number of unwanted emails that reach your inbox.
Includes a calendar tool for scheduling meetings and appointments.
Faculty and staff have 750 MB of space to use.
Desktop e-mail via Outlook or other software:
- If you are running a Windows operating system, you will be using Microsoft Outlook
- If you are running a Macintosh operating system, you will be using Microsoft Entourage or Microsoft Outlook 2011
- Email address format = firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- The Barracuda SPAM Filter for Outlook is a plug-in that allows clients to train the SPAM filter on what messages are SPAM and what are not. Download Barracuda.
- Log into Outlook Web Access: http://email.wcu.edu/.
- It also offers a “light” version to those of you experiencing a slow connection or using a computer with unusually strict browser security settings.
See options above
Faculty and staff and students
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the exception of scheduled maintenance.
Create accounts, support the applications, provide user support
Contact the IT Help Desk
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Closed weekends and university holidays
Call: 227-7487 or 866-928-7487 (toll free)
Log in: Online Help Desk/IT Self-Service <http://ithelp.wcu.edu/>
Faculty and Staff
username – wcu\WCU account username
password – WCU account password
username – wcu\Catamount account username
password – your PIN or password
Visit the Technology Commons
On the ground floor of Hunter Library
For walk-up technology assistance for faculty, staff and students
We’re open the same hours as Hunter Library
For More Information
Charge for this Service