How to Access/Request this Service
College of Business – Forsyth 215
College of Health and Human Sciences – HHS 430
College of Education and Allied Professions – Reid 100
College of Arts and Sciences and the rest of the campus – Technology Commons
Each Scantron has a PC attached to it. To log into the PC use your WCU domain credentials (same as your email username and password). Remember to log off after you have finished scanning your tests.
Scantron is a computerized system used for test scoring and scanning forms. It consists of a computer, specialized scanner, and dedicated testing software.
- Due to FERPA, faculty will be responsible for scanning their own tests.
- Graduate assistants working for the faculty and the college are not permitted to scan tests.
- Students (employed by the faculty, department, college. or IT) are not permitted to scan tests.
- IT is not responsible for scanning tests.
- For your convenience, a binder with instructions, procedures and policies is placed next to the Scantrons. The information is also available online. Please read the instructions on the different options available to you for where to save your scanned tests.
- Forms for the Scantrons can be purchased at the WCU Bookstore. The correct form to use with the Scantron is “General Purpose Answer Sheet Form No. 16504."
Scantron is a self-service tool.
Faculty and staff
The Scantron machines are available to use when the buildings/offices are open.
We make sure the machines are operational, Monday-Friday, 8-5. Training is offered on per need basis as time and resources permit.
Contact the IT Help Desk
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Closed weekends and university holidays
Call: 227-7487 or 866-928-7487 (toll free)
Log in: Online Help Desk/IT Self-Service <http://help.wcu.edu/>
Faculty and Staff
username – wcu\WCU account username
password – WCU account password
username – wcu\Catamount account username
password – your PIN or password
Visit the Technology Commons
On the ground floor of Hunter Library
For walk-up technology assistance for faculty, staff and students
We’re open the same hours as Hunter Library
Charge for this Service