How to Setup Your Mobile Device to Work with Your New Catamount Mail
Phone/Mobile Device Integration Options:
|Windows Phone||Preferred||Not Preferred|
|Symbian - Nokia||Preferred||Not Preferred|
|Blackberry||Not an Option||Preferred|
Optional instructions for automated setup of Catamount Mail on your Apple iOS device are available here.
- If this is the first e-mail account on your iPhone, tap Mail. Otherwise, tap Settings >
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars >
- Tap Add Account...>
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Tap in the Email box and enter your full e-mail address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tap in the Username box and enter your full e-mail address again.
- Tap in the Password box and enter your password (My Cat password).
- Optionally, tap in the Description box and enter a short description for the account.
- Tap Next on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap in the Server box and enter m.outlook.com and then tap Next. Tap Next.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize. By default, Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Reminders are all turned ON. To turn off synchronization for a type of information, tap and slide the switch
- Tap Save.
From the Applications menu, select Email.
- Type your full e-mail address and your password (My Cat password). For example: mailto:email@example.com
- If you would like this to be your default e-mail account on your mobile phone, check
the box marked Send e-mail from this account by default.
- Select Next.
- Select Exchange account.
- Enter the following account information and select Next.
- Password: My Cat password
- Exchange Server: m.outlook.com
7. As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the options you can set up
from the Account Options screen will include the following:
- E-mail checking frequency - The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, e-mail messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize - This is the amount of mail you want to keep on mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days, and One week.
- Notify me when e-mail arrives - If you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new e-mail message.
- Sync contacts from this account - If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
8. Select Next and then enter a name for this account as well as the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others.
9. Select Done to complete the e-mail setup and start using your account.
1. If this is the first e-mail account you have set up on the phone, tap the E-mail tile on the phone's home screen and skip to step 4. If this is not the first e-mail account you have set up on the phone, swipe left from the home screen.
2. Tap Settings and then tap E-mail and Accounts.
3. Tap Add an Account and select Outlook.
4. Type your full e-mail address and your password (My Cat password). For example: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Tap Sign In. Windows Phone will try to configure your e-mail account automatically. If configuration completes successfully, skip to step 7.
6. If your e-mail account cannot be configured automatically, tap Advanced Setup. You will need to enter the following information:
7. Tap Sign In.
SupportContact the IT Help Desk
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Closed weekends and university holidays
Call: 227-7487 or 866-928-7487 (toll free)
Log in: Online Help Desk/IT Self-Service <http://ithelp.wcu.edu/>
Faculty and Staff
username – wcu\WCU account username
password – WCU account password
username – wcu\Catamount account username
password – your PIN or password
Visit the Technology Commons
On the ground floor of Hunter Library
For walk-up technology assistance for faculty, staff and students
We’re open the same hours as Hunter Library