Careers in Electrical Engineering
Bachelor of Science Degree in
What jobs are available?
Instrumentation Specialization, Control System Consultation, Packaging Engineering, Test Engineering, Design Engineering, Systems Analysis, Automation Engineering, Hardware Design Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Integration, Software Engineering, Process Engineering, Product Engineering, Satellite Systems Engineering, Technical Support, Engineering Specialization, Maintenance Engineering
Who employs Electrical Engineering majors?
- Local utility
- Manufacturing positions
- Transportation industries
Good skills or traits for Electrical Engineering majors:
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to analyze, compare and interpret detailed information.
- Problem solving skills and ability to make accurate judgments are important.
- Assertiveness and self-confidence are desirable.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:
- Do an internship or co-op to gain practical experience.
- Attend trade shows for updates on new technology.
- Acquire good math and computer skills
- Additional certifications (like Safety Certification) may be required for some jobs.
- Join professional organizations on campus and after graduation.
Websites to visit: